The Symphony of Southeast Texas has been monitoring the ever-changing developments of the Covid-19 virus/crisis and the significant impact it has had on our community and events. Our determination to present a great concert of music, has been displaced by this pandemic- from our initial April 4th date through June and now August 15th. Sadly, following the advice of the CDC, the State of Texas and our local City Council closing all performance venues, we regret to inform you that we must cancel this concert. To that end, our board has taken focused action to ensure the safety of our patrons and musicians, recommending that we cancel our August 15th concerts.
This pandemic has presented a major interruption of life as we know it! These past months of inactivity have had a profound effect on everyone; Musicians have experienced reduced income while bills continue to mount, the orchestra’s budget expectations are skewed, and you, our loyal audience, have not been able to hear music to calm your shattered nerves created by suggested isolation and uncertainty. The adversity we are facing today will most certainly compel us to create future new and creative musical opportunities, but to do so, we need your help today! We hope you will consider donating your ticket from our April concert back to SOST and have several convenient options:
How you Can Help Your SOST:
- Donate the funds you paid for your ticket back to SOST: Proceeds from those tickets will help us support educational and performance activities that will be new to our traditional ones.
- Exchange your ticket for a credit voucher to a concert in the upcoming season. Here’s the chance to bring a friend to a concert at no additional expense to you!
- Request a refund: You may receive a full refund for the price of your ticket(s) of the April 4th concert.
Three convenient ways to let us know your preference!
- Go to our website (www.SOST.org) and complete the information on the Cancellation of Concert tab. (SEE FORM BELOW)
- Contact us by replying to this email.
- Call our office at 409-892-2257 no later than Friday, August 14th.
Thank you very much for your stalwart support of our orchestra. We ask that you please contact us about the disposition of your ticket(s) no later than August 14th. If we don’t hear from you, we will consider your ticket value as a contribution and send you an acknowledgement/ tax donation receipt as confirmation.
We regret not having the opportunity to perform for you, yet realize your safety, along with that of our musicians’ is of primary importance. To that end, Maestro Tipton has revised some of this season’s programs so that safe distancing of the orchestra can be achieved, while keeping most of the great music and artists originally scheduled. A revised schedule will be on our website and sent to you very soon.
Thank you! We truly appreciate your belief and support in our efforts to bring you great music and look forward to being together very soon.